Thursday, June 23, 2005

the maroon tux

i have a picture up on my MySpace Profile (http://www.myspace.com/fogland)and a few people have asked about it. here's the picture:
this is me at the ripe age of 18 years-old. i was off on my way to my senior prom. it was the second dance i ever went to while attending school back in Nebraska. the first being an 8th grade dance, that i was a wallflower at.



here's a choice photo also from that night:

that's me with my date, Kim Albracht, and a few friends of my at the time, Loren and Ayse Hoops, Cameron Kroeger and Diane Ashwood, then me and Kim.

i can't say it was all that of a magical night. we went ot eat dinner at this place which was apparently famous for prom dinners. it wasn't my really choice, but the food was good. at any rate, the place was a bit out of town and we got to the prom late. i got to dance with Kim once and then the prom was over. i took Kim home and then went home myself and watched "Kids in the Hall".

but really, i had a good time. i was the only one in a maroon tux. i got the tux at an auction for $25. and i still have it. ...you know the odd thing is my 10 year high school reunion is coming up in about two months. i really don't care about any of those people. high school wasn't really fun at all for me. i can safely say, i rather hated it. there is only a very small handfull of people i would be interested in seeing. but, as one can see form these photos, i have changed a bit. i was late bloomer and have grown a foot since then. i spouted in college. it would be interesting to go. i would imagine, most people wouldn't remember me, let alone recognize me.

we shall see. maybe, i'll even wear my old maroon tux again. i'll probably hve to have it altered if so.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad,

I can't believe you posted this picture! I remember this night, we made it to like the last 30 minutes of prom. We drove my mom's minivan!
I still have a comic book you distributed senior year. It was one of the few things from high school that I saved.

Ayse

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chad,

I am searching for a classy maroon tux, and found yours posted online. Would you be willing to sell or rent it to me for December 17? Please email me at: bigredshoes03@gmail.com. Thanks.

Nick

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home