Tuesday, January 25, 2005

i bet you did not know that

when i was growing up in nebraska, my family and i would watch "The Tonight Show". and i would hope that i could be on TV and be as funny as Johnny Carson.

my parents would say, "You know Chad, Johnny Carson is from a small town in Nebraska." "just like me!", i would reply. "That's right. So you never know."

as i got older, i started to go through that "too cool for anything" teenager phase. yet secertly, alone in my bedroom, i would stay up and watch "The Tonight Show". i would laugh and i would still dream of being like Johnny Carson.

now you don't have to know me very well to know that Steve Martin is one of my biggest influences and one of my foremost favorite comedians. but before Steve, there was Johnny Carson. my first favorite comedian and the first person who made me believe that chad fogland could do more with his little life than just shovel cow shit or grow corn out in the middle of nowhere.


Johnny Carson
1925 - 2005
Thank You, Mr. Johnny Carson.
*chad takes a golf swing*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home