Monday, August 09, 2004

the jackson brown effect

i do three shows a week. monday, thursday and then sunday. so this last has been odd for a number of reasons. but one in particular.

for some reason this last week i have been in some weird 'jackson brown' ripple of space and time.

on monday, a good friend of my was telling about this old jackson brown record he found in his parents basement. "jackson brown?", i believe i responded with.

thrusday, i go to the club i do comedy at every thursday. another friend of my turns to me at the bar before the show and asks, "isn't that jackson brown over there eating?" i looked and without really knowing what jackson brown looks like i said, "looks like him."

now just last night, i get done with the comedy show i was at and as i drive home there's this song on the radio and at this moment in my little life, it fits perfect. i start to feel very moved by it and when i get home i stay in the car to listen to the rest of it in hopes to hear who it's by. they don't say, so i run into my apartment and get online. i do a goggle search on some of the lyrics and what i can best judge is the title of the song. it turns out to be jackson brown. and then right there starring back at me through my computer screen is the man who was eating his dinner behind me on thursday and the album the song was off of was that of the one my friend on monday was telling me about, "the pretender".

i'm sure things like happen in life all the time, but i only ever seem to notice the really obscure ones. i call what happened, "the jackson brown effect".

now i have to go buy that album. and i'm already embarrassed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home