Thursday, October 28, 2004

that epiphany period?

okay. i dunno.

sometimes i think about savannah, georgia. i went to college there. for the most part i didn't really like it there. the humid, pretty little south. always spring. everyone taking their sweet ass time to do this and that. don't get me wrong, it's a really beautiful place with relatively nice people. i just don't fit in there.

and yet, when i think to a time when i was really happy, i think to a moment that spanned a year's time and that moment took place in savannah. the smells of old canvas and dried paint everywhere you went. all your friends living in converted hotel rooms with bunkbeds and drafting tables. every friday and saturday night was a party in the backyard of somebody's house you didn't know. i would often walk to class through an alley with two generators that always turned on when i passed by. the girls who lived above me would often get drunk and invited me up to watch tv with them. there was even a hurricane. i collected action figures and would spend a good chunk of my student loan to get HBO just long enough to watch the new season of Mr. Show. it was a time when i was actually in love.

as much as i might of complained in those days, i really had it good. it was a different time when i was really discovering all about myself and realizing that i had shelved a lot of dreams that really made me whole. it was the time when the passion broke out and i stopped being so damned recuesive and started to just be myself. these were the moments leading up to my first time on stage doing stand-up comedy.

and it isn't the time in my life when i felt i had everything. it was the time of my life after i thought i had it all and just before i lost all that and found the real road that would take me to what i really needed to have it all. what would you call that? that epiphany period?

at any rate, i guess i miss it sometimes. savannah, georgia. and i thought i never would.

1 Comments:

Blogger yummydownonthis said...

Sometimes, i wonder if i'm repeating your life. i feel like my world could shatter at any moment and i'd be left with a big broken heart and no desire to fulfill the dreams that i have shelved...maybe that's why you always encourage me to act??? i understand you, brother. i miss you lots...you are my role model...and my inspiration.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home